Grady named AFL's MVPAug 10, 2012 - 5:29 AM New Orleans, LA (Sports Network) - Utah Blaze quarterback Tommy Grady has been named the Arena Football League's MVP and also the Offensive Player of the Year.
"I'm honored to receive the MVP award on behalf of our team," said Grady. "I've had the benefit of being surrounded with an amazing group of teammates and coaches. This award signifies everything that we have been able to accomplish together this season."
Grady had possibly the best statistical season in AFL history, setting new league records for passing yards (5,870), passing touchdowns (142), pass completions (507) and pass attempts (743). The third-year quarterback also led the AFL in total offensive plays (781) and total offensive yards per game (329.6).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Arizona holds on for fourth ArenaBowl Aug 17
- KISS-owned AFL team announced for Los Angeles Aug 15
- Jenkins, Brown and Goodman Earn Weekly Honors Jun 12
- Coffman, Lewis and McGlenn Earn Weekly Honors Jun 5
- Raudabaugh, Thomas and Stephens Earn Weekly Honors May 28
- Garcia, Robinson and Toliver Earn Weekly Honors May 14
- Windsor, Hyland, Williams & Goodman earn weekly honors May 7
- McPherson, Belton & Gray earn weekly honors Apr 30
- Zbydniewski, Stephens & Windsor earn weekly honors Apr 23
- Meyer, Goosby & Hughley earn weekly honors Apr 17
- Meyern, Goosby & Hughley earn weekly honors Apr 17
- Players of the Week: Hills, Everett and Goodman Apr 9