Tiger-Cats fire head coach BellefeuilleNov 30, 2011 - 8:47 PM Hamilton, ON (Sports Network) - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats fired head coach Marcel Bellefeuille on Wednesday.
Bellefeuille had held the position since September 8, 2008. He oversaw a Tiger-Cats team which went 8-10 this past season and fell to Winnipeg, 19-3, in the East Division championship.
"We would like to thank coach Bellefeuille for his efforts during his time with our organization," said general manager Bob O'Billovich. "He represented the Tiger-Cats with pride and passion, and has left the organization in a much better place than when he started with us. However, we feel this move is necessary in order to reach our ultimate goal of winning a Grey Cup."
Bellefeuille joined the Ticats as offensive coordinator on December 19, 2007. He succeeded Charlie Taaffe in an interim head coach role midway through the 2008 season and guided the team to three consecutive postseason appearances, where they posted a 1-3 record.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Above the 49: Austin hiring will give boost to CFL East Dec 19
- Tiger-Cats hire Kent Austin Dec 17
- Tiger-Cats fire coach Cortez Dec 11
- Waters' FG lifts Toronto, ends Hamilton's playoff hopes Nov 1
- Hamilton needs win to keep playoff hopes alive Oct 31
- Tiger-Cats claw out win over Winnipeg Oct 27
- Winnipeg and Hamilton fight to keep playoff hopes alive Oct 24
- Tiger-Cats' late rally falls short Oct 20
- Tiger-Cats hope to claw way past Stampeders Oct 17
- Lions set to pounce on Tiger-Cats Oct 10
- Eskimos snap skid with win over Ti-Cats Oct 6
- Lions QB Lulay highlights September's best Oct 3