Alouettes DE Bowman out with knee injuryJun 12, 2012 - 10:59 PM Montreal, QC (Sports Network) - Montreal Alouettes defensive end John Bowman will miss the next 4-to-6 weeks with a torn ligament in his right knee.
Bowman suffered the injury during Als training camp at Bishop's University in nearby Lennoxville on Monday. He underwent an MRI which revealed a small tear to the medial collateral ligament, according to the Gazette.
The 29-year-old native of Brooklyn and Wingate product, led the Als for the third straight season in sacks, picking up 12 in 2011.
Montreal begins the 2012 regular season in Calgary on July 1.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Alouettes ink former Colts RB Rhodes Mar 28
- Alouettes ink Richardson to new 3-year deal Mar 22
- Alouettes tab Hawkins as Trestman's replacement Feb 19
- Cox, Green, Deslauriers agree to two-year deals with Als Feb 13
- Als acquire RB Messam from Eskimos Feb 5
- Alouettes ink Matte for three years Dec 20
- Alouettes QB Calvillo coming back for 20th season Dec 13
- Argos down Alouettes, reach Grey Cup title game Nov 19
- Toronto battles Montreal in East Division Championship Nov 14
- Blue Bombers close out Canad Inns Stadium with victory Nov 3
- Montreal plays final tune-up before beginning postseason push Oct 31
- Calvillo shines as Alouettes edge Eskimos Oct 28