Blue Bombers RB Garrett out for 2012 seasonJun 26, 2012 - 8:53 PM Winnipeg, MB (Sports Network) - Winnipeg Blue Bombers running back Chris Garrett will miss the entire upcoming season after tearing his Achilles tendon in practice.
Garrett, who was projected as the top running back on the depth chart, is coming off a 2011 season where he ran for 576 yards and four touchdowns.
"We are extremely disappointed after hearing the news from the doctors about how serious Chris? injury exactly is," said vice president and general manager Joe Mack. "It is unfortunate for the club, but also for Chris as he was someone who was looking forward to being a big part of our offense this season. Chris is a tough young man who will overcome this and we wish him a quick recovery."
With Garrett out for this weekend's opening game against Hamilton and beyond, it is presumed Chad Simpson will see a bigger role in the offense.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bombers release QB Brink Apr 8
- Bombers release Logan, Elliott Mar 26
- Blue Bombers ink WR Edwards to contract extension Mar 8
- Bombers sign Muamba away from BC Feb 19
- Bombers keep DT Turner Feb 15
- Blue Bombers give OL January contract extension Jan 23
- Blue Bombers re-sign Hefney Jan 11
- Blue Bombers extend Palardy, bring back Sears Jan 3
- Bombers extend Watson, Greaves Jan 2
- Bombers re-sign three players Dec 21
- Blue Bombers name Creehan defensive coordinator Nov 29
- Ticats QB Burris leads pack of CFL's best Nov 5