Calgary's Taylor among CFL weekly winnersJul 10, 2012 - 5:28 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Montreal running back Brandon Whitaker, British Columbia linebacker Adam Bighill, Calgary kick returner Larry Taylor and British Columbia running back Andrew Harris have been named the CFL players of the week for week two of the 2012 season.
Whitaker earned the offensive honor after running for 98 yards and a score and adding 137 yards and two touchdowns on 11 receptions in a 41-30 victory over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
Bighill was named the defensive player of the week in a 39-36 win over Hamilton after posting nine tackles, one sack and one forced fumble.
Taylor took home the special teams award for posting a franchise-record 441 combined yards: eight kick returns for 222 yards, two punt returns for 70 yards and a missed field goal return for a 125-yard touchdown in a 39-36 loss to Toronto. He also added one 13-yard reception, and his 441 all-purpose yards are second best in CFL history.
Harris is the Canadian of the week after running for 147 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries in British Columbia's win.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lions, WR Arcenaux agree to terms Tue
- Lions give Shell, Taylor contract extensions Apr 24
- Alouettes ink former Colts RB Rhodes Mar 28
- Alouettes ink Richardson to new 3-year deal Mar 22
- Lions ink WR Iannuzzi to extension Mar 12
- Alouettes tab Hawkins as Trestman's replacement Feb 19
- Cox, Green, Deslauriers agree to two-year deals with Als Feb 13
- Als acquire RB Messam from Eskimos Feb 5
- Roughriders acquire WR Simon from Lions Jan 24
- Lions give C Reid, DB Phillips contract extensions Jan 22
- Lulay gets multi-year extension from Lions Jan 17
- Alouettes ink Matte for three years Dec 20