Alouettes QB Calvillo to startJul 10, 2012 - 8:11 PM (Sports Network) - Montreal Alouettes quarterback Anthony Calvillo plans to start for the team on Thursday against the Calgary Stampeders.
TSN of Canada reported Tuesday that Calvillo was back at practice one day after undergoing an MRI for a shoulder injury suffered on Friday against Winnipeg.
Calvillo practiced, but Adrian McPherson took the first-team snaps, TSN said.
The Alouettes tweeted a quote from Calvillo: "I'm feeling good and plan to play on Thursday."
Pro football's all-time leading passer has played with the Alouettes since 1998, helping them to Grey Cup wins in 2002, 2009 and 2010.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Alouettes ink former Colts RB Rhodes Mar 28
- Alouettes ink Richardson to new 3-year deal Mar 22
- Alouettes tab Hawkins as Trestman's replacement Feb 19
- Cox, Green, Deslauriers agree to two-year deals with Als Feb 13
- Als acquire RB Messam from Eskimos Feb 5
- Alouettes ink Matte for three years Dec 20
- Alouettes QB Calvillo coming back for 20th season Dec 13
- Argos down Alouettes, reach Grey Cup title game Nov 19
- Toronto battles Montreal in East Division Championship Nov 14
- Blue Bombers close out Canad Inns Stadium with victory Nov 3
- Montreal plays final tune-up before beginning postseason push Oct 31
- Calvillo shines as Alouettes edge Eskimos Oct 28