Hamilton QB Burris highlights monthly awardsAug 1, 2012 - 6:59 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Hamilton's Henry Burris and Chris Williams, Edmonton's J.C. Sherritt and British Columbia's Andrew Harris were named the players of the month in the Canadian Football League for July.
Burris won the offensive award as he was 122-of-175 for 1,540 yards and a league-leading 15 touchdowns during the month. In a game against Montreal, he went 27-for-30 with 360 yards and four touchdowns.
Thanks to his efforts, which saw him win the last two weekly offensive awards, the first player to do that since Milt Stegall in 2006, the Tiger-Cats finished the month with three straight wins in improve to 3-2.
Sherritt was named defensive player of the month thanks to his 41 tackles, which lead the league. Edmonton went 3-2 in July due in part to the linebacker's efforts.
Williams nabbed the special teams award as he had a spectacular July, which included missed field goal returns of 117 and 119 yards, both for touchdowns. He also ran two punts back for touchdowns and totaled 517 combined return yards for the month.
Lions running back Harris got the top Canadian player honor as he totaled 351 yards and two scores on 47 carries and also had 29 catches for 277 yards and two scores.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Roughriders claim Grey Cup behind Sheets' record performance Nov 25
- Lulay, Arceneaux have surgeries Nov 21
- Hamilton and Saskatchewan meet in 101st Grey Cup Nov 20
- Trio of Riders headline CFL Players of the Week Nov 19
- Burris leads Hamilton into Grey Cup Nov 17
- Durant among CFL Players of the Week Nov 12
- Riders beat Lions, earn date with Stamps in West Final Nov 10
- Ti-Cats beat Als in OT to reach East Final Nov 10
- Lulay to start Sunday vs. Riders Nov 9
- Roughriders host Lions in West Division semifinals Nov 6
- Montreal takes on Hamilton in East Division semifinals Nov 6
- Burris leads Tiger-Cats to rout of Winnipeg Nov 2