Bighill headlines CFL weekly winnersAug 7, 2012 - 7:41 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Montreal's Brandon Whitaker and Sean Whyte and British Columbia's Adam Bighill and James Yurichuk have been named the CFL's top players for Week 6 of the 2012 season.
Whitaker carried the ball 18 times for a season-high 115 yards and caught six passes for 64 yards in the Alouettes' 36-26 victory over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He captured his second offensive award with his performance.
Whyte took home the special teams award after connecting on all four of his field goal attempts. He added three singles and three extra points to contribute 18 of Montreal's 36 points.
Bighill earned defensive honors with a game-high seven tackles, one sack and one interception in the Lions' 18-9 win over the Toronto Argonauts.
Yurichuk was named the Canadian of the week after recording five tackles and one interception.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Alouettes name Weightman president and CEO Dec 3
- Lulay, Arceneaux have surgeries Nov 21
- Durant among CFL Players of the Week Nov 12
- Riders beat Lions, earn date with Stamps in West Final Nov 10
- Ti-Cats beat Als in OT to reach East Final Nov 10
- Lulay to start Sunday vs. Riders Nov 9
- Roughriders host Lions in West Division semifinals Nov 6
- Montreal takes on Hamilton in East Division semifinals Nov 6
- Stamps RB Cornish highlights October's best in CFL Nov 5
- Harris lifts Lions over Stampeders Nov 2
- Smith, Alouettes down Argonauts Nov 1
- Alouettes kicker Whyte draws fine for comments Oct 30