Eskimos, Boyd reach verbal agreementAug 13, 2012 - 5:03 AM Edmonton, AB (Sports Network) - The Edmonton Eskimos announced Sunday that the club has reached a verbal agreement with free agent import running back Cory Boyd.
Boyd, who was released by Toronto earlier on Sunday, currently leads the CFL in rushing with 82 carries for 447 yards and two touchdowns.
"We are very pleased to have reached a verbal agreement with Cory and his agents Gil Scott and Tim Fleiszer tonight," Edmonton GM Eric Tillman said in a statement. "Cory will be flying into Edmonton Monday morning, where he will take a physical and sign a new contract with our club."
In two-plus seasons with the Argonauts, the 27-year-old New Jersey native rushed for 2,497 yards and 14 touchdowns and caught 83 passes for 551 yards and four scores over 36 games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Eskimos extend WR Bowman Mon
- Eskimos name Chris Jones head coach Nov 27
- Eskimos fire Reed Nov 4
- Edmonton escapes with win over Roughriders Nov 2
- Eskimos close ugly season against playoff-bound Roughriders Oct 30
- Pierce, Lions top Eskimos Oct 26
- Lions hope to right ship in clash with last-place Eskimos Oct 23
- Cornish carries Stampeders over Eskimos Oct 19
- Eskimos seek upset of visiting Stampeders Oct 16
- Roughriders hold on against Edmonton Oct 12
- Eskimos come calling on Roughriders Oct 9
- Neiswander shines as Alouttes rout Eskimos Oct 5