Eskimos, Boyd reach verbal agreementAug 13, 2012 - 5:03 AM Edmonton, AB (Sports Network) - The Edmonton Eskimos announced Sunday that the club has reached a verbal agreement with free agent import running back Cory Boyd.
Boyd, who was released by Toronto earlier on Sunday, currently leads the CFL in rushing with 82 carries for 447 yards and two touchdowns.
"We are very pleased to have reached a verbal agreement with Cory and his agents Gil Scott and Tim Fleiszer tonight," Edmonton GM Eric Tillman said in a statement. "Cory will be flying into Edmonton Monday morning, where he will take a physical and sign a new contract with our club."
In two-plus seasons with the Argonauts, the 27-year-old New Jersey native rushed for 2,497 yards and 14 touchdowns and caught 83 passes for 551 yards and four scores over 36 games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Eskimos release FB Bertrand Mar 1
- Eskimos reward WR Stamps with contract extension Feb 12
- Als acquire RB Messam from Eskimos Feb 5
- Eskimos release QB Jyles Jan 21
- Eskimos name Ed Hervey GM Dec 10
- Argos use big second quarter to advance to East Final Nov 11
- Edmonton visits Toronto in East Division semifinals Nov 7
- Pair of Stampeders highlight October's best Nov 6
- Ticats QB Burris leads pack of CFL's best Nov 5
- Eskimos part ways with GM Tillman Nov 3
- Late FG lifts Stampeders past Eskimos Nov 3
- Eskimos fight for playoff lives against visiting Stamps Oct 31