Calgary's Cornish among CFL weekly winnersAug 14, 2012 - 4:24 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Calgary Stampeders running back Jon Cornish was among the CFL's top players for Week 7 of the 2012 season.
Cornish was selected as the top offensive player and Canadian after rushing for 170 yards and one touchdown on 20 carries in a 31-20 victory over Hamilton. He also caught six passes for 47 yards.
Edmonton linebacker J.C. Sherritt earned the defensive honor for the third time this season. He compiled a game-high seven tackles and came up with a key interception with 1:45 remaining in a 28-20 win over Saskatchewan.
Calgary's Larry Taylor was chosen for the special teams award. He returned four kicks for 84 yards and eight punts for 88 yards in the triumph over the Tiger-Cats.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Eskimos release FB Bertrand Mar 1
- Eskimos reward WR Stamps with contract extension Feb 12
- Als acquire RB Messam from Eskimos Feb 5
- Taylor staying with Stampeders Jan 29
- Eskimos release QB Jyles Jan 21
- Stampeders give Paredes contract extension Jan 10
- Eskimos name Ed Hervey GM Dec 10
- Ray leads Argonauts past Stampeders in 100th Grey Cup Nov 26
- Calgary and Toronto square off in 100th Grey Cup Championship Nov 21
- Stampeders knock off Lions to set up Grey Cup matchup Nov 18
- Stamps QB Tate out for season; Riders DL George suspended Nov 15
- Calgary and British Columbia square off in West Division Finals Nov 14