Calgary's Cornish among CFL weekly winnersAug 14, 2012 - 4:24 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Calgary Stampeders running back Jon Cornish was among the CFL's top players for Week 7 of the 2012 season.
Cornish was selected as the top offensive player and Canadian after rushing for 170 yards and one touchdown on 20 carries in a 31-20 victory over Hamilton. He also caught six passes for 47 yards.
Edmonton linebacker J.C. Sherritt earned the defensive honor for the third time this season. He compiled a game-high seven tackles and came up with a key interception with 1:45 remaining in a 28-20 win over Saskatchewan.
Calgary's Larry Taylor was chosen for the special teams award. He returned four kicks for 84 yards and eight punts for 88 yards in the triumph over the Tiger-Cats.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Eskimos extend WR Bowman Dec 2
- Eskimos name Chris Jones head coach Nov 27
- Saskatchewan routs Calgary to book spot in Grey Cup Nov 17
- Stamps RB Cornish highlights October's best in CFL Nov 5
- Eskimos fire Reed Nov 4
- Edmonton escapes with win over Roughriders Nov 2
- Harris lifts Lions over Stampeders Nov 2
- Eskimos close ugly season against playoff-bound Roughriders Oct 30
- Stamps close campaign in clash with Lions Oct 30
- Ray leads CFL Players of the Week Oct 29
- Cornish and Calgary conquer Roughriders Oct 27
- Pierce, Lions top Eskimos Oct 26