Stal gets 1st Challenge Tour winJun 10, 2012 - 3:17 PM Klagenfurt, Austria (Sports Network) - France's Gary Stal posted a four-under 68 on Sunday to pull out his first European Challenge Tour victory at the Karnten Golf Open.
Stal finished at 20-under 268 and beat his fellow third-round leader Daniel Brooks by a stroke when Brooks shot a three-under 69 Sunday at Golf Club Klagenfurt-Seltenheim.
Stal held a one-shot lead over Brooks when they reached the 16th tee. That hole proved to be critical to Stal's success. He made birdied, while Brooks made bogey and the lead was up to three with two to play.
That margin didn't last long.
Brooks eagled the par-five 17th to get within one, but neither player birdied the last and the title was Stal's.
Justin Walters fired a nine-under 63 on Sunday to vault into third place at minus-17.
Michael Lorenzo-Vera (64), Tyrrell Hatton (66) and Gary Lockerbie (70) shared fourth at 16-under 272.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Uihlein earns maiden win in Madeira 2:51p
- McDowell rallies for World Match Play win 2:14p
- Da Silva wins Zambia Open 1:29p
- Kim rallies for win in Chiba 9:48a
- Tullo snares Madeira lead Sat
- McDowell exacts revenge, advances to World Match Play semis Sat
- Lee jumps ahead at suspended Madeira Fri
- McDowell in, Poulter out at World Match Play Fri
- Saltman grabs Madeira lead Thu
- Grace a Day 1 World Match Play winner Thu
- Koepka cruises to 7-shot win in Italy May 5
- Matsumura wins the Crowns by 1 May 5