Harding wins by 2 on Sunshine TourJun 17, 2012 - 1:09 PM Lusaka, Zambia (Sports Network) - Justin Harding carded a 5-under 68 on Sunday to pull out a two-stroke victory at the Zambia Open.
Harding finished the tournament at 12-under-par 280, and earned his third career Sunshine Tour title. He had last won at the Lombard Insurance Classic last year, and came close to repeating at the event earlier this month, when he finished as the runner-up.
Now he's a winner for a third consecutive year, thanks mostly to a key stretch on his back nine. He birdied three in a row from the 14th to move to minus-12.
Divan van den Heever (69) took second at 10-under, while Des Terblanche (67) and JG Claassen (68) shared third at minus-9.
Harding began the round at minus-seven and slipped back by a stroke after recording one birdie and two bogeys in his opening four holes. But the South African poured in five birdies in a row from the fifth
He slipped with bogeys at 11 and 13, putting him and 9-under and van den Heever within striking distance. But the late run of birdies was enough for him to secure the victory.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bjorn rallies for Nedbank Golf Challenge win Sun
- Miyazato earns maiden win in Tokyo Sun
- Jimenez wins playoff to defend Hong Kong Open title Sun
- Donaldson remains 3 clear at Nedbank Challenge Sat
- Manley claims 1-stroke lead in Hong Kong Sat
- Nelson Mandela Championship start moved up one day Fri
- Donaldson moves ahead by 3 at Nedbank Challenge Fri
- Kruger moves ahead in Hong Kong Fri
- Dyson receives suspended ban, fine from European Tour Thu
- Donald leads weather-delayed Nedbank Challenge Dec 5
- Higgins leads by 1 in Hong Kong Dec 5
- 2013 European Tour Year In Review Dec 2