Principal extends sponsorship of Champions Tour eventJun 19, 2012 - 9:59 PM Des Moines, IA (Sports Network) - Principal Financial Group has renewed a three-year agreement to remain the title sponsor of the Principal Charity Classic, a Champions Tour event.
Principal has sponsored the event since 2007, and since then the tournament has distributed more than $3 million for local children's charities. The renewed agreement extends through 2015.
"We are delighted to continue our partnership with the Principal through their title sponsorship of this tournament and to bring some of the greatest legends in golf to fans in Iowa," said Mike Stevens, president of the Champions Tour. "The Principal has been an incredibly engaged sponsor and a driver of community support in Iowa. We look forward to three more years of an exciting event."
Jay Haas won this year's edition, held during the first weekend of June at Glen Oaks Country Club.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Schwab Cup returning to Desert Mountain in 2014 and 2016 May 6
- Toledo earns maiden win with playoff in Texas May 5
- Sauers 2 ahead of Goodes in Texas May 4
- Goodes leads by 1 in Texas May 3
- Faxon, Sluman win Legends of Golf Apr 28
- Blake, Chapman move in front at Legends of Golf Apr 27
- Faxon, Sluman lead by 1 at Legends of Golf Apr 26
- Colbert, Murphy win Legends Demaret Division title Apr 23
- Langer rolls to win at Greater Gwinnett Championship Apr 21
- Toledo grabs Greater Gwinnett Championship lead Apr 20
- Allen moves into lead at Greater Gwinnett Championship Apr 20
- Bryant shares lead at suspended Greater Gwinnett Championship Apr 19