Principal extends sponsorship of Champions Tour eventJun 19, 2012 - 9:59 PM Des Moines, IA (Sports Network) - Principal Financial Group has renewed a three-year agreement to remain the title sponsor of the Principal Charity Classic, a Champions Tour event.
Principal has sponsored the event since 2007, and since then the tournament has distributed more than $3 million for local children's charities. The renewed agreement extends through 2015.
"We are delighted to continue our partnership with the Principal through their title sponsorship of this tournament and to bring some of the greatest legends in golf to fans in Iowa," said Mike Stevens, president of the Champions Tour. "The Principal has been an incredibly engaged sponsor and a driver of community support in Iowa. We look forward to three more years of an exciting event."
Jay Haas won this year's edition, held during the first weekend of June at Glen Oaks Country Club.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- 2013 Champions Tour Year In Review Nov 25
- Short cruises to Champions Q-School win Nov 22
- Short leads by 2 at Champions Q-School Nov 21
- Short remains on top at Champions Q-School Nov 20
- 4 share lead at Champions Q-School Nov 19
- Couples rolls to 6-stroke win at Charles Schwab Cup Championship Nov 3
- Couples pushes lead to 5 in San Fran Nov 2
- Couples grabs halfway lead in San Fran Nov 1
- Senior claims Charles Schwab Cup Championship lead Oct 31
- Perry downs Langer in AT&T playoff Oct 27
- Perry, 4 others share lead in San Antonio Oct 26
- Perry grabs early lead in San Antonio Oct 25