Miyazato up to 3rd in world rankingsJul 2, 2012 - 4:05 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Ai Miyazato's win Sunday at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship moved her up three places to No. 3 in this week's world rankings.
Yani Tseng and Stacy Lewis held on to Nos. 1 and 2, followed by Miyazato, who won for the second time in the 2012 season and for the ninth time in her LPGA Tour career.
LPGA Champion Shanshan Feng, Na Yeon Choi and Suzann Pettersen each dipped a spot to complete the top 6. Sun Ju Ahn and Cristie Kerr remained in their places from last week. Jiyai Shin and I.K. Kim switched rankings this week with Shin in ninth and Kim in 10th.
Sun Young Yoo and Paula Creamer held pat this week at 11 and 12, followed by Amy Yang, who inched up to 13th. Azahara Munoz, who shared second behind Miyazato shot up four to No. 14, while Brittany Lincicome fell two to 15th.
Ji-Hee Lee slipped a spot to 16th, but Angela Stanford kept hold of the 17th spot. Chie Arimura dropped two to No. 18.
Mika Miyazato, no relation to Ai Miyazato, tied Munoz a stroke off the lead Sunday and climbed three to 19th. So Yeon Ryu, who will defend her U.S. Women's Open title this week, fell one to round out the top 20.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Green wins Q-School by 10 shots 7:12p
- Ko earns first professional win 2:58p
- Green gains ground at Q-School Sat
- Phatlum rallies past Lewis to win Dubai crown Sat
- Green continues to roll at Q-School Fri
- Lewis moves 2 clear in Dubai Fri
- Green pushes lead to 5 at Q-School Thu
- Lewis leads by 1 in Dubai Thu
- Green shoots 62, jumps ahead by 4 at Q-School Wed
- Oyama soars in women's world rankings Dec 2
- Oyama wins by 4 in Japan Dec 1
- Suwannapura wins by 3 in India Nov 30