Gleason wins Symetra Tour title in playoffJul 22, 2012 - 9:45 PM Concord, NH (Sports Network) - Jenny Gleason birdied the first playoff hole Sunday to beat Esther Choe and win the Northeast Delta Dental International.
Gleason had struggled to a 2-over 74 during her final round, which included three back-nine bogeys, allowing Choe to climb into a tie for first. Choe fired a 1-under 71, and the two were knotted at 5-under-par 211 after 54 holes.
The pair then headed to the 18th hole for a playoff, and both hit their drives in the fairway. Gleason managed to stick her second within a foot, but Choe's was 25 feet away.
After Choe missed her birdie opportunity, Gleason tapped in for the victory, her third on the Symetra Tour. The 31-year-old won twice in 2005 shortly after turning professional.
Gleason has spent most of this season playing on the LPGA Tour. She has made the cut twice in six starts, and was coming off an appearance at the U.S. Women's Open.
Choe was trying for her third Symetra Tour title of the season, having won twice in April.
Nicole Smith (73) took third at minus-3. Juliana Murcia Ortiz (70), Tiffany Tavee (72), Marina Alex (73) and Alice H. Kim (74) shared fourth at 2-under 214.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Two lead delayed LPGA event in Bahamas 10:10p
- USC cruises to NCAA Women's title 7:57p
- First round of LPGA Classic shortened to 12 holes Thu
- LPGA event in Bahamas cut to 54 holes Wed
- Johnson soars in women's world rankings Mon
- Molinaro earns first Symetra title May 19
- Johnson rallies to victory in Mobile May 19
- Chella Choi grabs 1-shot lead in Mobile May 18
- Korda moves 1 clear of Webb in Mobile May 17
- Thompson, Ji share lead in Alabama May 16
- Mogi, Pace soar in women's world rankings May 13
- Pace wins Ladies Open by 1 May 12