Elizabeth cruises to 1st Symetra Tour winJul 29, 2012 - 11:26 PM Syracuse, NY (Sports Network) - Victoria Elizabeth closed with a 3-under 68 Sunday to win the Credit Union Classic by two strokes.
Elizabeth finished at 12-under-par 201 for her first Symetra Tour title.
The 20-year-old from Dayton ran off three straight birdies from the first to jump to 12-under par on the East Course at Drumlins Country Club. Elizabeth remained there as she parred the next seven holes.
Elizabeth tripped to a bogey on the 11th, but came right back with birdies at 12 and 13 to move to minus-13. She gave a stroke back with a bogey on No. 15, then parred the last three to close out the win.
Rebecca Lee-Bentham fired a 7-under 64 to jump into a share of second place at minus-10. She was joined there by Thidapa Suwannapura, who shot 67 on Sunday.
Samantha Richdale (66) and Nicole Vandermade (67) tied for fourth at minus-9.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Green wins Q-School by 10 shots 3:31p
- Ko earns first professional win 2:58p
- Green gains ground at Q-School Sat
- Phatlum rallies past Lewis to win Dubai crown Sat
- Green continues to roll at Q-School Fri
- Lewis moves 2 clear in Dubai Fri
- Green pushes lead to 5 at Q-School Thu
- Lewis leads by 1 in Dubai Thu
- Green shoots 62, jumps ahead by 4 at Q-School Wed
- Oyama soars in women's world rankings Dec 2
- Oyama wins by 4 in Japan Dec 1
- Suwannapura wins by 3 in India Nov 30