Elizabeth cruises to 1st Symetra Tour winJul 29, 2012 - 11:26 PM Syracuse, NY (Sports Network) - Victoria Elizabeth closed with a 3-under 68 Sunday to win the Credit Union Classic by two strokes.
Elizabeth finished at 12-under-par 201 for her first Symetra Tour title.
The 20-year-old from Dayton ran off three straight birdies from the first to jump to 12-under par on the East Course at Drumlins Country Club. Elizabeth remained there as she parred the next seven holes.
Elizabeth tripped to a bogey on the 11th, but came right back with birdies at 12 and 13 to move to minus-13. She gave a stroke back with a bogey on No. 15, then parred the last three to close out the win.
Rebecca Lee-Bentham fired a 7-under 64 to jump into a share of second place at minus-10. She was joined there by Thidapa Suwannapura, who shot 67 on Sunday.
Samantha Richdale (66) and Nicole Vandermade (67) tied for fourth at minus-9.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Johnson soars in women's world rankings Mon
- Molinaro earns first Symetra title Sun
- Johnson rallies to victory in Mobile Sun
- Chella Choi grabs 1-shot lead in Mobile Sat
- Korda moves 1 clear of Webb in Mobile Fri
- Thompson, Ji share lead in Alabama May 16
- Mogi, Pace soar in women's world rankings May 13
- Pace wins Ladies Open by 1 May 12
- Mogi wins World Ladies Championship Salonpas Cup May 12
- Kueny claims Symetra Classic May 11
- Kerr moves into top 10 in women's world rankings May 6
- Kerr wins in playoff in Williamsburg May 5