Winslow Homer working toward returnJun 14, 2012 - 6:52 PM Ocala, FL (Sports Network) - Fox Hill Farm's Winslow Homer is making progress in his effort to return to the races. Owner Rick Porter notes on the farm's website that the five-year-old should shortly be joining trainer Larry Jones' stable.
"One of my favorite Fox Hill Farm horses of all time, Winslow Homer, is really turning it on and showing Ian (Brennan) just how good a colt he is," Porter noted. "He will go to Larry soon."
Winslow Homer has been under the supervision of Ian Brennan at the Vinery's Ocala farm.
The horse last started on Oct. 29 when he finished fifth as the 17-10 favorite in an allowance/optional claiming race at Keeneland. Winner of the 2010 Holy Bull Stakes, Winslow Homer has won four of 10 career starts for $270,865.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Final Hollywood Park program coming together 4:16p
- Risen Star Stakes on Ria Antonia schedule 3:54p
- Preakness to receive purse boost 2:33p
- Itsmyluckyday on the road back to racing 1:12p
- Castellano closing in on earnings mark 12:35p
- Up the Backstretch: Gearing up for a 10th anniversary 10:15a
- Maryland Jockey Club initiates new fundraising concept Wed
- Snow storm forces tracks to cancel Tuesday cards Tue
- Charles Town Classic returns in April Mon
- La Troienne Stakes elevated to Grade I Dec 6
- McCarthy back at Fair Grounds as General Quarters finds new home Dec 6
- Up the Backstretch: Mucho Macho Man brings smiles to racing fans Dec 5