Heat forces cancellation and changesJul 5, 2012 - 5:20 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The week long heat wave that has engulfed the east coast continues to force racetracks to cancel programs or change post times.
Delaware Park has canceled Saturday's race card on the recommendation of Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission Chief Veterinarian Dr. John T. Peters. The National Weather Service has predicted a high temperature of 101 degrees, with a heat index of up to 109.
Racing is expected to resume Monday, July 9 at Delaware Park and the races scheduled for Saturday, including the Par Four Overnight Stakes, will be brought back as extra races and redrawn next week.
Penn National is changing first post from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (ET) for both Friday and Saturday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Husbands sidelined with broken leg 5:21p
- Veterans put in solid workouts 4:16p
- Pletcher pair workout ahead of Met Mile 2:32p
- Nobody asked me, but ... Tue
- Orb joined by Oxbow in 3-year-old poll Mon
- Up the Backstretch: The Big O's likely for Belmont Stakes Mon
- Oxbow wins the slowest Preakness in over 50 years Sat
- Oxbow pulls off upset in Preakness Sat
- Last Gunfighter shoots to victory in Pimlico Special Fri
- Fiftyshadesofhay rallies to victory in Black-Eyed Susan Stakes Fri
- Day before Preakness activity Fri
- Palace Malice possible for Belmont Stakes May 16