I'll Have Another takes final bow at Hollywood ParkJul 7, 2012 - 10:31 PM Inglewood, CA (Sports Network) - Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner I'll Have Another made a final appearance before the public Saturday afternoon at Hollywood Park. The three-year-old colt is retired from racing and bound for Japan.
With jockey Mario Gutierrez again in the saddle, I'll Have Another paraded on the track after the third race was made official. Gutierrez never lost a race when riding I'll Have Another, winning all four rides aboard the chestnut colt.
I'll Have Another was retired the day before the 144th Belmont Stakes with tendinitis of his front left knee. He was sold to Shigeyuki Okada of Japan last month and will be quartered at his new owner?s Big Red Farm on the island of Hokkaido.
Previously owned by J. Paul Reddam and trained by Doug O?Neill, I'll Have Another won the Robert B. Lewis Stakes and Santa Anita Derby heading into this year's Triple Crown. He finished with five wins in seven lifetime starts for earnings of $2,693,600.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Charles Town Classic returns in April 4:15p
- La Troienne Stakes elevated to Grade I Fri
- McCarthy back at Fair Grounds as General Quarters finds new home Fri
- Up the Backstretch: Mucho Macho Man brings smiles to racing fans Thu
- Mucho Macho Man to race in 2014 Dec 4
- Tampa Bay Downs season begins Wednesday Dec 4
- Adams promoted to president of Calder Dec 3
- Top two from Remsen headed to Florida Dec 3
- Up the Backstretch: Hold off on crowning Horse of the Year Dec 2
- Mutuel field and Honor Code close as Derby Future Wager favorites Dec 2
- Last Gunfighter captures Hawthorne Gold Cup Nov 30
- Flat Out takes Cigar Mile over Breeders' Cup winners Nov 30