Woodward win gains To Honor and Serve recognitionSep 4, 2012 - 6:44 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - To Honor and Serve edged out Mucho Macho Man in Saturday's Woodward Stakes and was able to join the top 10 in this week's NTRA National Thoroughbred Poll. Holding onto first in the voting was Game On Dude.
To Honor and Serve, trained by Bill Mott, defeated Mucho Macho Man by a neck and was rewarded with 137 points and eighth place in the poll.
"He's established himself as a top handicap horse, and hopefully he'll go on and finish the year out strong and go on to be a good sire," Mott said.
One week after finishing second in the Pacific Classic, Game On Dude gained an additional two top votes for a total of 13 and 319 points.
Wise Dan is second with nine first-place votes and 271 points. The 5-year-old gelding is nominated to the Woodbine Mile on Sept. 16.
Moving up one spot into third is Santa Anita Handicap winner Ron the Greek. The 5-year-old has a single top vote and 258 points.
Mucho Macho Man, owned by Dean Reeves, received two top votes and 219 points off his runner-up finish in the Woodward.
"He ran a great race; a winning race," Reeves said. "He just didn't get the trip. We'll try them again somewhere."
Fort Larned holds onto fifth in the voting with three first-place votes and 214 points.
Retired Kentucky Derby and Preakness champ I'll Have Another remains sixth with 12 top votes and 184 points.
Alabama Stakes winner Questing steps up from eighth to seventh with 138 points. After To Honor and Serve, come Dullahan (132) and Acclamation (1, 111).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Game On Dude working his way back 5:04p
- Orb returns to track ahead of 145th Belmont Stakes 3:47p
- Up the Backstretch: Lukas still beaming after Preakness win 3:10p
- International and E.P. Taylor set for late October 1:29p
- Palace Malice gets Smith for Belmont Stakes Wed
- Husbands sidelined with broken leg Tue
- Veterans put in solid workouts Tue
- Pletcher pair workout ahead of Met Mile Tue
- Nobody asked me, but ... Tue
- Orb joined by Oxbow in 3-year-old poll Mon
- Up the Backstretch: The Big O's likely for Belmont Stakes Mon
- Oxbow wins the slowest Preakness in over 50 years Sat