Cubs activate Castillo; place Stewart on DLJun 14, 2012 - 6:17 PM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - The Chicago Cubs made several roster moves Thursday involving their depth at catcher.
The Cubs activated catcher Welington Castillo off the 15-day disabled list, placed infielder Ian Stewart on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 13, with left wrist soreness, selected the contract of infielder Luis Valbuena from Triple-A Iowa and designated catcher Koyie Hill for assignment.
Castillo, who has been sidelined since May 22 with a sprained right knee, was hitting .185 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI through seven games with the Cubs this season.
Stewart has played in 55 games for Chicago this year, batting .201 with five doubles, five homers and 17 runs batted in.
Valbuena was on the Cubs' opening day roster but did not appear in a game, while Hill hit .179 with one RBI in 11 games this year.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Murphy's homer lifts Mets over Cubs 7:58p
- Series up for grabs, as Mets and Cubs battle at Wrigley 9:28a
- Feldman shines as Cubs rout Mets Sat
- Hefner eyes first win of season at Wrigley Sat
- Harvey pitches, hits Mets past Cubs Fri
- Harvey goes for Mets in Wrigley opener Fri
- Samardzija's arm, bat leads Cubs to series win Thu
- Rockies, Cubs close out set at Wrigley Wed
- Gonzalez, Rockies pound Cubs Wed
- Cubs seek series victory over Rockies May 14
- Wood pitches, hits Cubs to victory over Rockies May 14
- Cubs make long-term pact with Rizzo official May 13