A's call on Ross to startJun 16, 2012 - 7:38 PM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - The Oakland Athletics recalled pitcher Tyson Ross and infielder Eric Sogard from Triple-A Sacramento on Saturday.
Ross was called up to start the A's afternoon matchup with the visiting San Diego Padres.
The 25-year-old right-hander joins Oakland for the second time this season and was 2-6 with a 6.51 earned run average in nine starts with the big club.
Sogard was on the A's opening day roster and hit .136 with two home runs and six RBI in 21 games before being optioned on May 21.
To make room for Ross and Sogard, Oakland optioned pitcher Evan Scribner and infielder Adam Rosales to Sacramento. The club also announced that first baseman Kila Ka'aihue cleared waivers and was outrighted to the River Cats.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- First-inning burst helps Wolf, Rangers down A's 11:38p
- A's shoot for sweep of rival Rangers 10:37a
- Straily, Cespedes help A's edge Rangers Wed
- Darvish targets win No. 8 in matchup with A's Tue
- Smith guides A's over Rangers Tue
- Rangers try to stretch AL West lead in opener with A's Mon
- Cespedes' homer pushes A's past Royals Sun
- A's hope to complete sweep of Royals Sun
- Two-run sixth propels A's past Royals Sun
- Athletics reinstate OF Young Sat
- Royals try to even series in Oakland Sat
- Rosales, A's edge Royals Sat