Red Sox place Beckett on DLJun 16, 2012 - 10:47 PM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Boston Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett has been placed on the 15-day disabled list due to right shoulder inflammation.
Beckett had previously been scratched from his scheduled start on Sunday, but will now miss more time.
The team has replaced Beckett on the roster with pitcher Clayton Mortensen, and Franklin Morales will start in Beckett's place against the Cubs.
Beckett has had his struggles this year with a 4-7 record and a 4.14 ERA in 12 starts.
He missed a start earlier in the season with a lat strain, but did not go on the disabled list. Following the missed start, Beckett was the center of a local controversy that involved playing golf on his off day.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Red Sox hope to bounce back against White Sox 10:52a
- Dunn, White Sox hand Boston's Lester first loss 1:30a
- Bailey returns for BoSox Mon
- Lester carries unblemished record into the Windy City Mon
- Red Sox finish off sweep of Twins Mon
- Red Sox shoot for fifth straight win and sweep of Twins Sun
- Ortiz clubs two homers as Red Sox pound Twins Sun
- Twins hope for some home cooking versus Red Sox Sat
- Gomes, Ellsbury help BoSox rally past Twins Sat
- Boston's Buchholz aims for win No. 7 against Twins Fri
- Red Sox rally in 9th to take series Fri
- Hanrahan has surgeries, including Tommy John Thu