Astros activate LeeJun 17, 2012 - 4:32 PM Arlington, TX (Sports Network) - The Houston Astros have activated first baseman Carlos Lee off the 15-day disabled list
Lee landed on the DL two weeks ago with a strained left hamstring. He was batting .297 with four home runs and 23 RBI when he got hurt.
To make room for Lee, the Astros optioned first baseman Brett Wallace to Triple-A Oklahoma City. He hit .333 with two homers and four RBI in 11 games for Houston.
The Astros also purchased the contract of pitcher Dallas Keuchel from Oklahoma City and transferred pitcher Sergio Escalona from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
The 24-year-old Keuchel went 5-4 with a 4.26 ERA in 13 starts in the minors this season. He will make his MLB debut against the Rangers on Sunday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Astros acquire RHP Bass from Padres 5:17p
- Houston inks Qualls to 2-year deal Sat
- Astros sign Feldman Fri
- Astros acquire Fowler from Rockies Dec 3
- Crane suing former Astros owner, Comcast and NBC Nov 22
- Astros to host 2014 Civil Rights Game Nov 19
- Astros claim Downs from Detroit Nov 1
- Astros name Brent Strom pitching coach Oct 22
- Astros decline Humber's contract option Oct 2
- Yankees top Astros in 14 innings Sep 29
- Astros get one more chance to halt slide vs. Yankees Sep 29
- Pettitte fires CG in last start, Yanks top Astros Sep 29