Astros activate LeeJun 17, 2012 - 4:32 PM Arlington, TX (Sports Network) - The Houston Astros have activated first baseman Carlos Lee off the 15-day disabled list
Lee landed on the DL two weeks ago with a strained left hamstring. He was batting .297 with four home runs and 23 RBI when he got hurt.
To make room for Lee, the Astros optioned first baseman Brett Wallace to Triple-A Oklahoma City. He hit .333 with two homers and four RBI in 11 games for Houston.
The Astros also purchased the contract of pitcher Dallas Keuchel from Oklahoma City and transferred pitcher Sergio Escalona from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
The 24-year-old Keuchel went 5-4 with a 4.26 ERA in 13 starts in the minors this season. He will make his MLB debut against the Rangers on Sunday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Locke eyes a win in rubber match against Astros 9:26a
- Astros edge Pirates in 11 innings 12:50a
- Rounding Third: Astros take step in the right direction Sat
- Burnett hopes to add to Astros' woes Sat
- Streaking Pirates best Astros on 9th-inning error Sat
- Reid Ryan named Astros president Fri
- Astros renew old rivalry against Pirates Fri
- Reid Ryan to be named president of Astros Thu
- Astros win in Detroit for first time since 2000 Wed
- Tigers try to secure second sweep of Astros this season Wed
- Cabrera, Fister lead Tigers over Astros Tue
- Astros place Altuve on bereavement list Tue