Phillies send Thome to BaltimoreJun 30, 2012 - 10:53 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Minutes after losing their fourth straight game to drop eight games under .500, the Phillies sent designated hitter Jim Thome to the Baltimore Orioles for two low-level prospects.
Thome, who played 30 games for the Phillies in his return to the club this year, batted .242 with five homers and 15 RBI. He made four starts at first base and nine at DH during interleague play.
The Phillies received catcher Gabriel Lino and pitcher Kyle Simon.
During his most recent stint with the Phillies, Thome became the majors' all- time leader in walkoff homers with 13 as well as tying Sammy Sosa on the all- time home run list with 609. He hit his 100th home run with the Phillies organization on June 17, becoming the fourth player in major league history to do so with three teams (Cleveland, White Sox, Philadelphia).
Thome now joins his sixth organization in addition to the Phillies, Indians, White Sox, Twins and Dodgers.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Yankees' Kuroda gets ball in rubber match with Orioles 10:40a
- Phillies shoot for series victory over Marlins 10:35a
- Howard returns, helps Phils down Marlins 3:33a
- McLouth's blast in the 10th lifts O's over Yankees 1:14a
- Orioles Gonzalez reinstated from DL Tue
- Stretching the Field: Displeasure settling in for Hamels Tue
- Phils put Ruiz on DL Tue
- Phils take swings against young Fernandez Tue
- Yankees send Hughes to hill at Camden Yards Tue
- Johnson blows third straight save as Yanks top O's Tue
- Ruggiano helps Marlins down Phillies Tue
- Phils C Ruiz headed to 15-day disabled list Mon