Rays' Hellickson exits early vs. TigersJul 1, 2012 - 12:13 AM St. Petersburg, FL (Sports Network) - Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Jeremy Hellickson was removed from Saturday's game against the Detroit Tigers in the third inning with an apparent injury to his right leg.
With the bases loaded and one out in the frame, Tigers first baseman Prince Fielder smoked a line drive off the right shin of Hellickson. Fielder was thrown out at first on the play and Austin Jackson was able to score.
Hellickson threw a few warmup pitches after the play, but left the field under his own power. Hellickson came into the game with a 4-3 record and a 3.44 earned run average in 21 starts.
J.P. Howell took over on the mound.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Yanks cruise past Rays 10:33p
- Rays hope to extend home success over Yankees 10:45a
- Bautista, Blue Jays slip by Rays in 10 Thu
- Rays, Jays tangle in finale at Rogers Centre Wed
- Rays outlast Blue Jays Wed
- Ortiz leads Jays into meeting with visiting Rays Tue
- Encarnacion, Blue Jays top Rays Mon
- Jays' Dickey takes on familiar Rays up north Mon
- Moore wins major league-best eighth game as Rays sweep O's May 19
- Moore tries to win ninth straight decision in Camden finale May 19
- Rays use 6-run ninth to down O's May 18
- Jurrjens makes O's debut in middle tilt with Rays May 18