Mariners disable RamirezJul 1, 2012 - 6:52 PM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - The Seattle Mariners have placed pitcher Erasmo Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list with a right elbow flexor strain.
Ramirez was hurt during Saturday's game against Boston. He left the contest after retiring all eight batters he faced.
In two stints with the Mariners this season, the 22-year-old right-hander is 0-2 with a 3.82 earned run average in 11 games, including four starts.
The Mariners selected the contract of pitcher Josh Kinney from Triple-A Tacoma and made room for him on the 40-man roster by designating catcher Adam Moore for assignment.
Kinney was 1-0 with three saves and 2.70 ERA in 27 relief appearances with Tacoma. He is 1-0 with a 5.12 ERA in 58 big league games for the Cardinals and White Sox.
Moore, a career .197 hitter in 68 games over parts of three seasons with the Mariners, appeared in 24 games at Tacoma this season and had a pair of stints on the disabled list.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Reynolds lifts Indians over Mariners 7:36p
- Indians eye another win over Mariners 9:29a
- Kipnis, Tribe top M's Sat
- Mariners continue trek in meeting with Indians Fri
- Mariners defeat Yanks to take series rubber match Fri
- Mariners scratch Harang from Thursday start Thu
- Ibanez tries to power M's to series win over Yankees Thu
- Ibanez homers twice, leads M's in rout of Yanks Wed
- Seattle's Iwakuma attempts to solve Yankees Wed
- Yankees rally late to beat Mariners Wed
- Mariners turn to streaking Hernandez for opener with Yankees Tue
- Morales, Mariners handle A's May 12