Kemp picks Beltran, CarGo and Stanton for HR derbyJul 2, 2012 - 12:15 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Matt Kemp named the other three National League players who will swing for the fences with him next week in the Home Run Derby.
The injured Dodger picked fellow outfielders Carlos Beltran of the Cardinals, Carlos Gonzalez of the Rockies and Giancarlo Stanton of the Marlins on Sunday after the All-Star rosters were announced.
Kemp will compete in his second straight derby while Beltran will hit for the first time in his 15-year career. Both players were voted as starters on the NL team.
Gonzalez, a player selection for the team, and Stanton, a manager's choice, are both making their All-Star debuts.
All three of Kemp's selections were in the top 15 in the majors in homers when they were picked.
The derby will be held a day before the All-Star Game next Monday, July 9, at Kansas City's Kauffman Stadium.
Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano will announce the rest of the American League team on Monday. He beat Boston's Adrian Gonzalez to win last year's derby at Chase Field in Phoenix.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Nolasco helps Marlins avoid sweep 8:58p
- Braves overtake Dodgers with late surge 8:05p
- Dodgers activate Mark Ellis 2:20p
- Minor attempts to pitch Braves to sweep of Dodgers 9:27a
- D'backs rely on Miley in Miami finale 9:27a
- McCarthy gets first win following surgery Sun
- Late homers rally Braves past Dodgers Sun
- McCarthy attempts to get off the schneid in Miami Sat
- Braves rely on Medlen, as they resume series with the Dodgers Sat
- Upton slams Braves to win over Dodgers Sat
- Goldschmidt homers twice as Diamondbacks crush Marlins Sat
- Slowey hopes for some run support versus D'Backs Fri