Kemp picks Beltran, CarGo and Stanton for HR derbyJul 2, 2012 - 12:15 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Matt Kemp named the other three National League players who will swing for the fences with him next week in the Home Run Derby.
The injured Dodger picked fellow outfielders Carlos Beltran of the Cardinals, Carlos Gonzalez of the Rockies and Giancarlo Stanton of the Marlins on Sunday after the All-Star rosters were announced.
Kemp will compete in his second straight derby while Beltran will hit for the first time in his 15-year career. Both players were voted as starters on the NL team.
Gonzalez, a player selection for the team, and Stanton, a manager's choice, are both making their All-Star debuts.
All three of Kemp's selections were in the top 15 in the majors in homers when they were picked.
The derby will be held a day before the All-Star Game next Monday, July 9, at Kansas City's Kauffman Stadium.
Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano will announce the rest of the American League team on Monday. He beat Boston's Adrian Gonzalez to win last year's derby at Chase Field in Phoenix.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Dodgers make it official with Brian Wilson Sat
- Marlins finalize deal with Furcal Fri
- Marlins make Saltalamacchia signing official Fri
- Report: Furcal agrees to one-year deal with Marlins Fri
- Dodgers re-sign Brian Wilson Thu
- Dodgers add Haren to rotation Nov 25
- Report: Dodgers add Dan Haren Nov 25
- Cy Young goes to Scherzer, Kershaw Nov 13
- Kershaw, Scherzer appear to be front runners for Cy Young Awards Nov 13
- Fernandez, Myers named MLB top rookies Nov 12
- Fernandez, Myers named MLB top rookies Nov 11
- Dodgers finalize 2014 coaching staff Nov 11