Pirates place Presley on DLJul 5, 2012 - 8:06 PM Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - The Pittsburgh Pirates placed outfielder Alex Presley on the seven-day disabled list with a concussion on Thursday and recalled infielder Jordy Mercer from Triple-A Indianapolis.
The move is retroactive to July 4, one day after the 26-year-old was jarred making a diving try for Houston Astros shortstop Jed Lowrie's first-inning fly ball.
Presley complained of not feeling well a few innings later and was removed from the game before the start of the fifth inning.
Over 60 games this season, Presley is batting .242 with six home runs and 13 RBI.
Mercer made his major league debut with the Pirates earlier this season, recording one hit and one run scored in five games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Alvarez homers, Pittsburgh pitches past Houston Sun
- Locke eyes a win in rubber match against Astros Sun
- Astros edge Pirates in 11 innings Sun
- Burnett hopes to add to Astros' woes Sat
- Streaking Pirates best Astros on 9th-inning error Sat
- Astros renew old rivalry against Pirates Fri
- Snider leads Pirates past Brewers Fri
- Pirates go with Liriano in finale versus Brewers Thu
- Walker helps Pirates top Brewers Thu
- Pirates IF McDonald lands on DL Wed
- Buccos send Rodriguez to hill versus Brewers May 15
- Pirates outlast Brewers on McCutchen's 12th-inning HR May 15