Cards place Molina on bereavement listJul 6, 2012 - 9:51 PM St. Louis, MO (Sports Network) - The St. Louis Cardinals have placed catcher Yadier Molina on the bereavement list and recalled catcher Bryan Anderson from Triple-A Memphis.
Molina is hitting .304 this season with 13 home runs and 45 RBI, earning him a spot on the All-Star team for the fourth time in his nine-year career. The 29- year-old backstop will be excused from the team for a minimum of three days.
His being placed on the bereavement list will prevent him from playing in Tuesday's All-Star Game. Molina was replaced on the roster by teammate and outfielder Matt Holliday.
Anderson, 25, was batting .210 with two homers and 21 RBI in 64 games for Memphis this season. In 15 games for the Cardinals in 2010, he hit .281 and knocked in four runs.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lynn tosses Cards over Dodgers 1:48a
- Dodgers return home to face Cards Fri
- Cards take series in San Diego; Lyons wins debut Thu
- Cardinals send Salas to DL, promote Lyons Wed
- Report: Cardinals' Garcia to have season-ending surgery Wed
- Cards try for 30th victory in finale with Padres Wed
- Descalso, Wainwright leads Cards over Padres Wed
- Wainwright tries to find win column versus Padres Tue
- Marquis, Padres get by Cardinals Tue
- Streaking Cards hit the road to battle Padres Mon
- Cardinals down Brewers May 19
- Lohse hopes to deliver series win for Brewers in St. Louis May 19