Pirates CF McCutchen into Home Run DerbyJul 8, 2012 - 2:05 AM New York, NY (Sports Network) - Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen will replace Giancarlo Stanton in next week's Home Run Derby.
McCutchen took Stanton's spot on the National League's derby team after it was announced the Miami Marlins right fielder would miss the All Star festivities because of knee surgery.
NL derby captain Matt Kemp of the Dodgers invited McCutchen to participate, rounding out the four-man team that also includes Carlos Beltran of the Cardinals and Carlos Gonzalez of the Rockies.
The American League team is led by Robinson Cano of the Yankees, who picked Jose Bautista of the Blue Jays, Prince Fielder of the Tigers and Mark Trumbo of the Angels to compete with him in Monday's derby.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Reds, Pirates jockey for position in the Steel City 2:14p
- Pirates blank Reds, end Latos' unbeaten run 2:35a
- Latos aims to stay on track versus Pirates Tue
- Reds use long ball to defeat Pirates Mon
- Reds, Pirates start series at PNC Mon
- Alvarez helps Pirates down Dodgers Sun
- Greinke returns to hill for Dodgers' finale with Pirates Sun
- Dodgers top Pirates in 11-inning thriller Sat
- Pirates call up Cumpton for Saturday start Sat
- Dodgers turn to Kershaw against Pirates Sat
- Locke stays hot, Pirates blank Dodgers Sat
- Pirates' Locke hopes to secure victory over Dodgers Jun 14