Mets P Gee released from hospitalJul 12, 2012 - 3:12 AM Flushing, NY (Sports Network) - Mets pitcher Dillon Gee was released from a New York hospital on Wednesday to dissolve a blood clot in his throwing shoulder and will undergo potentially season-ending surgery Friday to make sure he doesn't suffer another arterial clot in his shoulder.
Testing at New York-Presbyterian Hospital on Monday showed a clot in an artery in Gee's right shoulder, which doctors were able to break up using a catheter.
Gee, who initially complained of numbness in the fingers on his right hand, could begin throwing again in six to eight weeks following the procedure. The 26-year-old is 6-7 with a 4.10 earned run average in 17 starts this season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Mets' Atchison back on DL 5:38p
- Rounding Third: Wheeling and dealing, Mets' future is brighter 2:18p
- Mets shoot for another win against Braves 2:11p
- Wheeler wins MLB debut as Mets take two from Braves 3:08a
- Rockies deal OF Young to Mets Tue
- Harvey fans 13 as Mets hold off Braves Tue
- Mets activate Atchison, place Turner on DL Tue
- Wheeler debuts for Mets in doubleheader against Braves Tue
- Freeman's HR in ninth ends late night in Atlanta Tue
- Braves try to add to Mets' misery Mon
- Dutch treat: Nieuwenhuis HR in 9th caps Mets rally over Cubs Sun
- Cubs aim for first road sweep of Mets in 22 years Sun