Rays activate Fuld from DLJul 25, 2012 - 2:54 AM Baltimore, MD (Sports Network) - Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Sam Fuld was activated from the 60-day disabled list and he started in left field Tuesday night in a 3-1 win over the Baltimore Orioles.
Fuld had been out since undergoing right wrist surgery on April 3. He played in 10 total games with Class-A Charlotte and Triple-A Durham and was 5-for-31 at the plate.
In Tuesday's game, Fuld went 1-for-3 with a walk and scored on the go-ahead two-run homer from Brooks Conrad in the fifth inning.
Last season, Fuld hit .240 with three homers and 27 RBI in 105 contests for the Rays.
Tampa Bay made room for Fuld on the roster by transferring third baseman Evan Longoria (partially torn left hamstring) to the 60-day DL.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Gomes HR in 9th sends Red Sox to twinbill sweep of Rays 3:34a
- Red Sox get best of Rays in twinbill opener 7:42p
- Red Sox, Rays play two at Fenway Tue
- Surging Royals down Rays Sun
- Rays to call up Myers from Durham Sun
- Rays' Cobb sent to concussion DL Sun
- Rays eye split with Royals Sun
- Rays P Cobb takes line drive to the head, leaves on stretcher Sun
- Rays down surging Royals Sat
- Rays P Cobb takes line drive to the head, leaves on stretcher Sat
- Rolling Royals try to lock up series win against Rays Sat
- Royals keep rolling, surge past Rays Sat