Rays activate Fuld from DLJul 25, 2012 - 2:54 AM Baltimore, MD (Sports Network) - Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Sam Fuld was activated from the 60-day disabled list and he started in left field Tuesday night in a 3-1 win over the Baltimore Orioles.
Fuld had been out since undergoing right wrist surgery on April 3. He played in 10 total games with Class-A Charlotte and Triple-A Durham and was 5-for-31 at the plate.
In Tuesday's game, Fuld went 1-for-3 with a walk and scored on the go-ahead two-run homer from Brooks Conrad in the fifth inning.
Last season, Fuld hit .240 with three homers and 27 RBI in 105 contests for the Rays.
Tampa Bay made room for Fuld on the roster by transferring third baseman Evan Longoria (partially torn left hamstring) to the 60-day DL.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Rays re-sign Oviedo for $1.5 million Thu
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, P Bell in 3-team deal Tue
- Rays reach 2-year deal with C Molina Mon
- Fernandez, Myers named MLB top rookies Nov 12
- Fernandez, Myers named MLB top rookies Nov 11
- Rays re-sign OF DeJesus Nov 6
- Rays exercise options on Escobar, Zobrist Nov 2
- Red Sox knock off Rays to advance to ALCS Oct 9
- Red Sox try again to advance to ALCS Oct 8
- Lobaton's HR keeps Rays alive in ALDS Oct 7
- Red Sox hope to break out the brooms on Rays and advance to ALCS Oct 7
- Ortiz, Red Sox pound Price and Rays to take 2-0 series edge Oct 6