Athletics acquire Kottaras from BrewersJul 29, 2012 - 5:59 PM Baltimore, MD (Sports Network) - The Oakland Athletics acquired catcher George Kottaras from the Milwaukee Brewers on Sunday for pitcher Fautino De Los Santos.
Kottaras, 29, is batting .209 with three home runs and 12 RBI over 58 games with Milwaukee this season.
The five-year veteran has batted .221 with 18 homers and 65 RBI over 222 games in five seasons with Milwaukee and Boston.
He will report to the team on Monday and a roster move will be made to open a spot for him.
De Los Santos, 26, has played in six games for Oakland this season and posted a 3.00 earned run average over three innings of work. In two years with Oakland, he is 3-2 with a 4.21 ERA in 40 games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Report: San Jose files lawsuit against MLB 3:00p
- Darvish, Rangers resume set with A's 11:00a
- Old rivals square off in Houston 10:49a
- Cruz helps Rangers edge Athletics 2:17a
- A's try to pad lead atop AL West versus Rangers Mon
- A's stomp M's Mon
- Cueto returns with solid effort as Reds beat Brewers Sun
- Brewers' P Fiers out 9-12 weeks with broken forearm Sun
- A's seek to avoid home sweep at hands of Mariners Sun
- Cueto set to return as Reds conclude series with Brewers Sun
- King Felix leads M's in blanking of A's Sat
- Schafer, Gallardo help Brewers blank Reds Sat