Pirates acquire 1B Sanchez from MarlinsJul 31, 2012 - 7:54 PM Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - The Pittsburgh Pirates acquired first baseman Gaby Sanchez and pitcher Kyle Kaminska from the Miami Marlins in exchange for outfielder Gorkys Hernandez and the club's 2013 competitive balance draft pick.
Sanchez, 28, hit .202 with three home runs and 17 RBI in 55 games with the Marlins this season before being demoted to Triple-A New Orleans.
In 2011, Sanchez was an All-Star and finished the season with a .266 average, 19 homers, 35 doubles and 78 RBI.
Kaminska, 23, went a combined 6-4 with a 5.20 earned run average in 33 relief appearances this year between New Orleans and Double-A Jacksonville.
The 24-year-old Hernandez appeared in 25 games with the Pirates this season and picked up two hits in 24 official at-bats. In 67 games with Triple-A Indianapolis, Hernandez hit .257 with two homers and 13 stolen bases.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Pirates eye sweep of Cubs 8:41a
- Liriano strong again as Pirates edge Cubs 12:31a
- Lee's SO lifts Phillies in Miami 10:30p
- Phillies shoot for series victory over Marlins Wed
- Samardzija eyes another win in the Steel City Wed
- Howard returns, helps Phils down Marlins Wed
- Snider slams Pirates past Cubs Wed
- Phils take swings against young Fernandez Tue
- Cubs' Garza makes 2013 debut at Pittsburgh Tue
- Ruggiano helps Marlins down Phillies Tue
- Marlins place Diaz on DL Mon
- Phillies bring swagger to Miami Mon