White Sox P Danks has successful surgeryAug 6, 2012 - 10:29 PM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Chicago White Sox pitcher John Danks had successful surgery on Monday to repair several issues in his left shoulder.
A team of surgeons from Midwest Orthopedics at RUSH University Medical Center performed arthroscopic surgery to repair a capsular tear and minor debridements of the rotator cuff and biceps.
The surgery also revealed a normal labrum and Danks will be in a sling for four weeks. He is expected to be fully functional for the start of 2013 spring training.
Danks has been out since late May, troubled by soreness in the sub scapular area of his left shoulder. The 27-year-old went 3-4 with a 5.70 earned run average over nine starts before the setback.
Over six seasons in the majors, all with the White Sox, he is 57-60 with a 4.12 ERA in 159 starts.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Vargas pitches Angels past White Sox 7:35p
- Angels shoot for split in set with White Sox 9:50a
- Angels outslug White Sox to end skid Sat
- White Sox aim to stay hot in Anaheim Sat
- Sale, White Sox shut out Angels Sat
- White Sox rely on Sale in Anaheim Fri
- White Sox rally past Angels Fri
- Trout aims to stay hot versus White Sox Thu
- Dunn powers White Sox past Twins Wed
- Winless Axelrod aims to pitch White Sox past Twins Wed
- White Sox down Twins Wed
- Twins hope to keep hitting in matchup with White Sox May 14