Indians fire pitching coach Scott RadinskyAug 9, 2012 - 8:16 PM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - The Cleveland Indians fired pitching coach Scott Radinsky and promoted Ruben Niebla from Triple-A Columbus to serve as the team's interim pitching coach.
The move comes one day after the Indians snapped an 11-game skid, which was the second-longest losing streak in the 112-year history of the franchise.
Cleveland starters went a combined 0-8 with a 10.44 ERA over the losing streak, which came to an end Wednesday.
Radinsky shifted from bullpen coach to pitching coach this season.
Niebla is in his 12th season in the organization, having spent the past two years as the pitching coach for Columbus.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Eighth inning rally lifts Boston over Cleveland 6:09p
- Lester seeks to rebound, extend success versus Indians 7:30a
- Lackey shines as Red Sox crush Tribe Sat
- Indians activate Swisher from paternity list Fri
- Masterson hopes to keep Indians rolling in Boston Fri
- Tribe rips Red Sox as Francona returns to Boston Thu
- Indians' Huff designated Thu
- Tribe try to get back on track, as Francona returns to Fenway Thu
- Tigers outlast Indians Thu
- Rounding Third: Don't buy into the Indians Wed
- Tigers ace Verlander hopes to rebound against Tribe Wed
- Tigers whip Tribe as Scherzer remains unbeaten Wed