Indians fire pitching coach Scott RadinskyAug 9, 2012 - 8:16 PM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - The Cleveland Indians fired pitching coach Scott Radinsky and promoted Ruben Niebla from Triple-A Columbus to serve as the team's interim pitching coach.
The move comes one day after the Indians snapped an 11-game skid, which was the second-longest losing streak in the 112-year history of the franchise.
Cleveland starters went a combined 0-8 with a 10.44 ERA over the losing streak, which came to an end Wednesday.
Radinsky shifted from bullpen coach to pitching coach this season.
Niebla is in his 12th season in the organization, having spent the past two years as the pitching coach for Columbus.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- A's make Kazmir signing official Wed
- Report: A's to sign Kazmir to 2-year deal Dec 3
- Indians make it official with Murphy Nov 25
- Indians sign Zagurski to minor league deal Nov 22
- Report: Indians reach deal with OF Murphy Nov 20
- Francona, Hurdle named managers of the year Nov 12
- Tribe extend qualifying offer to Jimenez Nov 4
- Jimenez voids contract with Tribe, opts for free agency Nov 1
- Indians release Perez, re-sign Giambi Oct 31
- Indians OF Bourn has hamstring surgery Oct 15
- Rays blank Indians, advance to ALDS Oct 3
- Cleveland carries 11 pitchers for wild card game Oct 2