Report: Boston's Middlebrooks has broken wristAug 11, 2012 - 6:03 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Boston Red Sox third baseman Will Middlebrooks reportedly has a broken right wrist after getting hit with a pitch during Friday's game against the Cleveland Indians.
Middlebrooks was facing Cleveland reliever Esmil Rogers in the ninth inning when an inside fastball struck him on the right wrist.
He was looked at by a trainer before being replaced by pinch-runner Nick Punto.
The Boston Globe reported after the game that Middlebrooks suffered a broken wrist on the play and may miss the remainder of the season.
Middlebrooks, 23, entered the game batting .292 with 15 home runs and 54 RBI through 74 contests in his rookie season with Boston.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Tribe try to get back on track, as Francona returns to Fenway 10:32a
- Buchholz, Red Sox down ChiSox Thu
- Red Sox try to avoid the brooms in Chicago Wed
- Quintana, ChiSox shut down Red Sox Wed
- Red Sox hope to bounce back against White Sox Tue
- Dunn, White Sox hand Boston's Lester first loss Tue
- Bailey returns for BoSox Mon
- Lester carries unblemished record into the Windy City Mon
- Red Sox finish off sweep of Twins Mon
- Red Sox shoot for fifth straight win and sweep of Twins Sun
- Ortiz clubs two homers as Red Sox pound Twins Sun
- Twins hope for some home cooking versus Red Sox May 18