Twins activate PlouffeAug 13, 2012 - 7:00 PM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - The Minnesota Twins reinstated infielder Trevor Plouffe from the 15-day disabled list on Monday.
Plouffe, who missed 21 games, was placed on the disabled list on July 27 (retroactive to July 21) with a bruised right thumb.
The 26-year-old Plouffe is second on the Twins with 19 home runs and a .525 slugging percentage.
Before bruising his thumb, Plouffe hit .317 with 14 home runs and 30 RBI in 42 games in June and July.
To make room for Plouffe, the Twins optioned infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka to Triple-A Rochester. In three games this season, Nishioka is 0-for-12 with one RBI. Last season, he hit .226 in 68 games with the Twins.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ortiz clubs two homers as Red Sox pound Twins 12:34a
- Twins hope for some home cooking versus Red Sox 9:26a
- Gomes, Ellsbury help BoSox rally past Twins Sat
- Boston's Buchholz aims for win No. 7 against Twins Fri
- Dunn powers White Sox past Twins Wed
- Winless Axelrod aims to pitch White Sox past Twins Wed
- White Sox down Twins Wed
- Twins hope to keep hitting in matchup with White Sox Tue
- Twins hammer White Sox in series opener Tue
- White Sox hand Santiago ball against Twins May 13
- O's shut out Twins to take series May 12
- Orioles, Twins wrap up series at Target Field May 12