Cardinals' Garcia returns from DLAug 19, 2012 - 6:03 PM St. Louis, MO (Sports Network) - The St. Louis Cardinals activated pitcher Jaime Garcia from the 60-day disabled list on Sunday.
Garcia, who has been on the shelf since June 5 with a left shoulder strain, will get the start Sunday in a rubber match against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The 26-year-old left-hander went 3-4 with a 4.48 earned run average in 11 starts before going down with injury. In four rehabs starts, Garcia went 1-1 and allowed eight earned runs in 17 2/3 innings.
The club optioned pitcher Trevor Rosenthal to Triple-A Memphis to make room for Garcia. Rosenthal allowed two runs in 4 2/3 innings with St. Louis this season.
Pitcher Joe Kelly, who posted an impressive 3.41 ERA while filling in for Garcia, will move to the bullpen.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cardinals sign top pick Gonzales 6:10p
- Cubs rely on Jackson against Cardinals 2:13p
- Cubs edge Cards Wed
- Wainwright eyes 11th win versus Cubs Tue
- Cardinals wait out rain, top Cubs Tue
- Old rivals square off in St. Louis Mon
- Marlins hand Cardinals rare series loss Sun
- Beltran, Cardinals hope to secure rubber match with Marlins Sun
- Beltran, Freese fuel Cards in rout of Marlins Sat
- Koehler eyes 1st victory as Marlins resume set with Cards Sat
- Fernandez shines as Marlins top Cardinals Sat
- Cardinals activate P Westbrook Fri