A's reinstate Smith from DLAug 21, 2012 - 10:51 PM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - The Oakland Athletics reinstated outfielder Seth Smith from the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday.
Smith, who landed on the DL Aug. 3 with a strained left hamstring, was batting .237 with 11 homers and 39 RBI over 92 games with the A's prior to the injury.
Oakland also placed pitcher Jordan Norberto on the 15-day DL, retroactive to August 18, with left shoulder tendinitis and optioned second baseman Jemile Weeks to Triple-A Sacramento.
Norberto is 4-1 with a 2.77 earned run average and a save over 39 relief appearances for the A's this season.
Weeks, who was batting .220 with two homers and 20 RBI in 113 games this season, was optioned to make room for newly acquired shortstop Stephen Drew.
Drew was acquired Monday from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for minor league infielder Sean Jamieson.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- D'backs recall Delgado for Tuesday start 5:39p
- Report: San Jose files lawsuit against MLB 3:00p
- Diamondbacks try to halt slide vs. Marlins 11:04a
- Darvish, Rangers resume set with A's 11:00a
- Cruz helps Rangers edge Athletics 2:17a
- Stanton and Marlins down D'backs 1:25a
- Diamondbacks' P Kennedy drops appeal Mon
- A's try to pad lead atop AL West versus Rangers Mon
- Corbin targets 10th win in opener with Marlins Mon
- A's stomp M's Mon
- Blanks' HR lifts Padres, caps sweep of D'backs Sun
- With ban looming, Kennedy tries to salvage finale vs. Padres Sun