Gay, Grizzlies rally to beat WarriorsJan 24, 2012 - 7:48 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Rudy Gay scored 23 points and the Memphis Grizzlies erased an 18-point point deficit in the fourth quarter to extend their winning streak to seven with a 91-90 comeback victory over the Warriors.
Memphis trailed by double digits for much of the game before rallying for a 39-22 differential in the final frame.
Mike Conley chipped in 20 points and nine assists, while Marc Gasol added 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Grizzlies, who scored 13 points off nine turnovers in the fourth quarter.
Monta Ellis logged 20 points, while Stephen Curry totaled 18 points, six rebounds and five assists in the setback, Golden State's third straight.
The Grizzlies led 2-0, then didn't play front-runner again until Conley shifted through the lane for a layup and an 86-85 edge with 1:23 remaining.
The basket came after an 11-0 run shrunk a 17-point deficit down to 78-72 with under five minutes to play.
Gay followed Conley's go-ahead bucket with a fadeaway after both Curry and Ellis missed from long range on Golden State's extended possession.
Ellis was off the mark again behind the arc with 11.9 seconds left, and the Grizzlies made enough free throws at the end to seal the win.
"They fought back, give them credit. They battled, they got underneath our skin, and we didn't respond individually or collectively," Warriors head coach Mark Jackson said.
Memphis trailed 21-13 at the end of the first quarter and 44-35 at halftime. The largest deficit came at 20 in the third quarter, which ended with the Warriors holding a seemingly comfortable 68-52 advantage.
The Grizzlies had lost three straight and seven of nine games as the visitor in this series...David Lee posted 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Warriors, who shot just eight free throws...Memphis made 17-of-23 from the foul line.
- MEMPHIS: 91
GOLDEN STATE: 90
Jan 24 12:48 AM
- MEMPHIS: 52
GOLDEN STATE: 68
End of 3rd
Jan 24 12:10 AM
- MEMPHIS: 35
GOLDEN STATE: 44
Jan 23 11:31 PM
- MEMPHIS: 13
GOLDEN STATE: 21
End of 1st
Jan 23 11:02 PM
- MEMPHIS: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 23 10:41 PM
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1 8:46p
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals 10:31a
- NBA Playoff Preview - San Antonio vs. Memphis Sat
- Stretching the Field: Grizzlies are in uncharted woods Fri
- Spurs take out Warriors for trip to Western Conference finals Fri
- Spurs hope to knock out Warriors in Game 6 Thu
- Grizzlies hold off Thunder for first-ever trip to West Finals Thu
- Thunder hope to keep series alive against Memphis Wed
- Spurs dominate 2nd half, take 3-2 series lead over Warriors Wed
- Spurs, Warriors return to San Antonio tied 2-2 May 14
- Grizzlies rally past Thunder in OT May 14
- Thunder hope to knot up series with Memphis May 13