National Basketball Association Playoff Game CapsulesJun 15, 2012 - 4:33 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - The Heat started Game 2 of the NBA Finals with a sense of urgency, survived an inevitable Thunder run, and managed to hold on for a 100-96 win on Thursday. Miami never trailed and led by as many as 17, but the Thunder pulled within two on Kevin Durant's three- pointer with less than a minute to go. LeBron James had 32 points, eight rebounds and five assists for Miami, which pulled even in the series after squandering a double-digit advantage in Tuesday's Game 1 loss. Dwyane Wade, whose production has been spotty at times in this postseason, added 24 points and Chris Bosh had 16 and 15 rebounds -- seven offensive. Shane Battier chipped in 17 points and made 5-of-7 three-pointers. Durant finished with 32 points, but missed a potential game-tying baseline runner with 9.9 seconds remaining. Russell Westbrook had 27 and James Harden scored 17 of his 21 points in the first half for the Thunder, who suffered their first home loss of these playoffs. Game 3 will take place on Sunday in Miami.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bobcats to become Hornets 8:24p
- NBA Playoff Preview - Miami vs. Indiana Mon
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1 Sun
- National Basketball Association Playoff Game Capsules Sun
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals Sun
- Pacers clamp down late, top Knicks to advance Sun
- National Basketball Association Playoff Game Capsules Sat
- Pacers' Hill to play in Game 6 Sat
- NBA Playoff Preview - San Antonio vs. Memphis Sat
- Knicks once again fight for playoff lives against Pacers Sat
- Johnson: Kings sale signed Fri
- Stretching the Field: Grizzlies are in uncharted woods Fri