Heat hold narrow lead at the halfJun 18, 2012 - 1:41 AM Miami, FL (Sports Network) - The Thunder avoided another sluggish start on Sunday, but still trailed the Heat, 47-46, at halftime of Game 3.
LeBron James scored 16 points to pace Miami, which has led by double-digits in each of the first two games of this deadlocked NBA Finals series.
In fact, entering Sunday, the Thunder had yet to hold a lead in the first half of the set. They overcame a 13-point deficit to take Game 1, but weren't as fortunate in Game 2, which saw the Heat jump out to an 18-2 advantage before holding on for the win.
James scored 10 points in the first quarter of Game 3 and Miami was ahead 26-20, but this time Oklahoma City weathered the storm.
Kevin Durant, who missed a potential game-tying baseline runner in the closing seconds of Game 2, finished with 13 first-half points and nailed a turnaround jumper to tie the game early in the second quarter.
He drained a trey shortly before the break for a 41-38 lead but Shane Battier hit a pair of shots from beyond the arc and James added a three-point play in the final minute.
Russell Westbrook, who scored 13, drained a three shortly before the buzzer.
Dwyane Wade added 11 points for the Heat, who pounded the glass to the tune of 10 offensive rebounds.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Heat, Pacers tip off Game 1 of East Finals 10:10a
- NBA Playoff Preview - Miami vs. Indiana Mon
- Grizzlies hold off Thunder for first-ever trip to West Finals May 16
- Heat edge Bulls to advance to East Finals May 15
- Wade to start Game 5 May 15
- Thunder hope to keep series alive against Memphis May 15
- Heat try to close out Bulls in South Beach May 15
- Grizzlies rally past Thunder in OT May 14
- Heat blast Bulls, take commanding 3-1 series lead May 13
- Thunder hope to knot up series with Memphis May 13
- Heat shoot for 3-1 lead against Chicago May 13
- Grizzlies edge Thunder late to take 2-1 series lead May 11