Celtics, Mavericks to play preseason games in EuropeJun 25, 2012 - 5:50 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - The Boston Celtics and Dallas Mavericks will play preseason games this October in Europe.
Boston will open a four-game tour on October 5 against five-time Turkish champions Fenerbahce Ulker Istanbul in Istanbul, Turkey. The Celtics will also play two days later in Milan, Italy against 25-time Italian champs EA7 Emporio Armani.
Dallas will square off against eight-time German champions Alba Berlin on October 6 at the O2 World in Berlin, marking a homecoming for German star Dirk Nowitzki. The Mavericks will also play an additional game in Spain with details yet to be announced.
This will mark the sixth year NBA teams will travel to Europe for preseason games. The series began in 2006 and took a break last year because of the NBA lockout.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Curry carries Warriors over Mavericks 2:27a
- Clippers win in Rivers' return to Boston 1:51a
- Warriors return home to entertain Mavericks 10:37a
- Rivers makes his return to Boston Wed
- Williams, Nets down Celtics Tue
- Celtics seek more success against Nets Tue
- Shorthanded Kings pound Mavs Tue
- Crawford, Aldridge named NBA Players of the Week Mon
- Kings welcome Mavs with big trade looming Mon
- Celtics use fast start to blow past Knicks Sun
- Celtics, Knicks renew rivalry in MSG matinee Sun
- Mavs top Blazers on Ellis' buzzer-beater Sun