Golden State Warriors 2012 Draft PreviewJun 26, 2012 - 1:28 PM (Sports Network) - Rookie Warriors general manager Bob Myers, the second- youngest GM in the NBA behind Oklahoma City's Sam Presti, is reportedly seriously shopping the No. 7 overall pick for an established veteran wing player with a defensive mindset.
Chicago's Luol Deng and Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala are both on the block and liked by Golden State coach Mark Jackson. Since Deng is the more well- rounded player, he would be the Warriors' first choice.
If forced to stay put, North Carolina's Harrison Barnes would be a nice option but he'll likely be off the board putting a player like Washington's Terrence Ross in the Warriors' cross hairs. Ross is slight but can fill it up and has the athleticism to develop into the kind of defender Jackson wants.
Players under contract: G: Stephen Curry; G: Charles Jenkins; G: Klay Thompson; F: Richard Jefferson; F: David Lee; F: Dorell Wright; C: Andris Biedrins; C: Andrew Bogut; C: Jeremy Tyler
Free agents: C: Mickell Gladness (restricted); F: Dominic McGuire; C: Mikki Moore; G: Nate Robinson; F/G: Brandon Rush (restricted); F: Chris Wright (restricted)
Recent Draft History 2011: Klay Thompson (11), Jeremy Tyler (39), Charles Jenkins (44) 2010: Ekpe Udoh (6) 2009: Stephen Curry (7) 2008: Anthony Randolph (14), Richard Hendrix (49) 2007: Marco Belinelli (18), Jermareo Davidson (36), Stephane Lasme (46)
Draft picks: 1st round (7th overall, 30th overall), 2nd round (35th overall, 52nd overall)
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Spurs take out Warriors for trip to Western Conference finals Fri
- Spurs hope to knock out Warriors in Game 6 Thu
- Spurs dominate 2nd half, take 3-2 series lead over Warriors May 15
- Spurs, Warriors return to San Antonio tied 2-2 May 14
- Warriors top Spurs in OT to tie series at 2-2 May 13
- Warriors try to even series with Spurs May 12
- Spurs roll past Warriors to grab series lead May 11
- Curry, Thompson lead Warriors in Game 3 against Spurs May 10
- Thompson leads Warriors past Spurs May 9
- Spurs hope to slow Curry, take 2-0 lead over Warriors May 8
- Spurs need epic comeback to survive Warriors in 2 OTs May 7
- Spurs, Warriors tip off Western semis in Alamo City May 6