Pistons send Gordon, pick to Bobcats for MaggetteJun 27, 2012 - 1:33 AM Detroit, MI (Sports Network) - The Detroit Pistons have traded Ben Gordon and a future first-round draft choice to the Charlotte Bobcats for Corey Maggette.
The two teams swapped their highest-paid players, with the Bobcats gaining a pick for Gordon's lengthier contract.
"With this trade, we have acquired two things we covet in our plan to build this team," said Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins. "By acquiring a young and proven talent in Ben Gordon and a future first-round draft pick, we have both addressed our need for three-point shooting and acquired an additional asset to help continue to improve our team in the future."
Gordon has another guaranteed year for over $12 million, plus a player option for 2013-14 at over $13 million that he is likely to exercise. Maggette has only one year remaining on his deal at just under $11 million.
"We welcome Corey Maggettte to our organization in a transaction that provides us with a veteran scorer and defender in addition to increased roster flexibility moving forward," said Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars."
Specific details about the first-round pick were not released.
Gordon averaged 12.5 points in 52 games for the Pistons last year, while Maggette averaged 15.0 points in 32 games for the Bobcats.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Pelicans take down Pistons in overtime 12:13a
- Magic end road trip with win in Charlotte 11:57p
- Bobcats sign Douglas-Roberts, waive Southerland Wed
- Pistons head south to battle Pelicans Wed
- Magic try to salvage a game on road trip, visit Charlotte Wed
- Love, Timberwolves pound Pistons Wed
- Wolves visit Motor City for clash with Pistons Tue
- Walker leads Bobcats over Warriors Tue
- Warriors head to Charlotte to take on Bobcats Mon
- Heat roll past Pistons Mon
- Heat seek revenge against Pistons Sun
- Pistons down struggling Bulls behind Jennings Sun