Dallas sends Zeller to Cavs in draft night dealJun 29, 2012 - 3:46 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - The Dallas Mavericks and Cleveland Cavaliers pulled off a five-player deal on draft night.
The Mavs sent the draft rights of Tyler Zeller, the 17th overall selection, and forward Kelenna Azubuike to the Cavs. Zeller led North Carolina to a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament with averages of 16.3 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks per game. Azubuike played in just three games for the Mavericks last season and has 208 contests played over his career, the rest of them for Golden State.
In exchange, Dallas received three players who were drafted on Thursday - guard Jared Cunningham, center Bernard James and forward Jae Crowder.
Cunningham, who was chosen 24th overall, played at Oregon State and finished last season second in the Pac-12 in scoring (17.9 ppg) and first in steals (2.5 spg).
James was taken 33rd from Florida State, while Crowder was the next pick from Marquette.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cavs win lottery for 2nd time in 3 years Tue
- Cavs bring back Mike Brown Apr 24
- Report: Cavs to hire Mike Brown Apr 23
- Cavs dismiss Scott Apr 19
- Cavs dismiss Scott Apr 18
- Bobcats top Cavs to cap woeful season Apr 18
- Mavericks get past Hornets to finish at .500 Apr 17
- Mavs hope to finish .500, face Hornets in Big D Apr 17
- Lottery-bound Cavs, Bobcats meet in Charlotte Apr 17
- Heat steal one from Cavs Apr 16
- Grizzlies down Mavs Apr 16
- Grizzlies try to improve status out West in visit with Mavs Apr 15