Celtics ink draft classJul 3, 2012 - 4:57 PM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Celtics have signed draft picks Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo and Kris Joseph.
Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Sullinger was selected with the 21st overall pick of the NBA Draft and Melo was the very next choice in the first round. Joseph was taken in the second round with the 51st overall pick.
A 6-foot-9 forward from Ohio State, Sullinger was a projected lottery pick before a back injury scared some teams away. He was a First-Team All-Big Ten selection in each of his two seasons with the Buckeyes and averaged 17.5 points with 9.2 rebounds in 2011-12 to help Ohio State to the Final Four.
Melo and Joseph were teammates on a Syracuse team that lost to Ohio State in the East Regional final of the NCAA Tournament. Melo, though, did not play in the tournament because of an academic issue. The 7-foot native of Brazil was the Big East Defensive Player of the Year this past season, while Joseph played four years with the Orange and earned First-Team All-Big East honors as a senior when he averaged a team-best 13.4 points.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Celtics hold off Nuggets 1:30a
- Nuggets hope to start new win streak against Celtics 10:36a
- Crawford leads Celtics over Bucks Wed
- Bucks try for rare back-to-back wins against Boston Tue
- Bucks top Celtics Dec 1
- Bucks hope to end lengthy skid versus Celtics Nov 30
- Crawford notches triple-double as Celtics crush Cavs Nov 30
- Cavs, Celtics collide in Beantown Nov 29
- Balanced Grizzlies take care of Celtics Nov 27
- Grizzlies, Celtics clash in Beantown Nov 27
- Celts shake off slow start to down Bobcats Nov 26
- Celtics hope to continue momentum against Bobcats Nov 25