Celtics ink draft classJul 3, 2012 - 4:57 PM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Celtics have signed draft picks Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo and Kris Joseph.
Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Sullinger was selected with the 21st overall pick of the NBA Draft and Melo was the very next choice in the first round. Joseph was taken in the second round with the 51st overall pick.
A 6-foot-9 forward from Ohio State, Sullinger was a projected lottery pick before a back injury scared some teams away. He was a First-Team All-Big Ten selection in each of his two seasons with the Buckeyes and averaged 17.5 points with 9.2 rebounds in 2011-12 to help Ohio State to the Final Four.
Melo and Joseph were teammates on a Syracuse team that lost to Ohio State in the East Regional final of the NCAA Tournament. Melo, though, did not play in the tournament because of an academic issue. The 7-foot native of Brazil was the Big East Defensive Player of the Year this past season, while Joseph played four years with the Orange and earned First-Team All-Big East honors as a senior when he averaged a team-best 13.4 points.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Knicks avoid collapse, win first series since 2000 May 4
- Funeral on hold: Celtics hope to force Game 7 with Knicks May 3
- Garnett, Celts hold off Knicks May 1
- Knicks try for first playoff series win in 13 years May 1
- Celtics prevail in OT, force Game 5 in New York Apr 28
- Sweep revenge? Knicks try to close out Celtics in 4 Apr 28
- Knicks cruise past Celts, take 3-0 series lead Apr 26
- Boston back home to try to salvage series with Knicks Apr 26
- Celtics' Rivers fined Apr 25
- Backed by Anthony, Knicks grab 2-0 series lead Apr 24
- Celtics shoot to even series with Knicks in MSG Apr 23
- Knicks harass Celtics in second-half, take Game 1 Apr 20