Report: Rockets ship Lowry to RaptorsJul 5, 2012 - 8:07 PM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The Houston Rockets have reportedly traded guard Kyle Lowry to the Toronto Raptors.
The Houston Chronicle is reporting the deal that will send a future first- round pick and forward Gary Forbes to the Rockets.
Lowry, 26, played in 47 games last season for the Rockets while averaging 14.3 points per game and 4.5 rebounds per game -- both career-highs -- as well as 6.6 assists per contest.
In six NBA seasons with Memphis and the Rockets, the Villanova product has career averages of 10.4 points and 4.8 assists.
"I just want to thank the city of Houston and the fans for showing me love like I was one of y'all own, and I'll always keep that in my heart," Lowry said on his Twitter account.
Forbes averaged 6.6 points and 2.1 rebounds in 48 games for the Raptors last season.
The trade will not become official until July 11.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Harden flirts with triple-double as Rockets top Magic 10:42p
- Report: Kings land Gay in seven-player swap 8:09p
- Kobe returns for tilt with Toronto 9:44a
- Howard, Rockets welcome Magic to Houston 9:42a
- Houston stifles Golden State in first quarter en route to win Sat
- Morris paces Suns over Raptors Sat
- Suns return home to host Toronto Fri
- Rockets aim to get on track with Warriors in town Fri
- Suns shut down Rockets in Houston Thu
- Suns end quick trip in Houston Wed
- Curry, Thompson guide Warriors past Raptors Wed
- Warriors return home to face Raptors Dec 3