Report: Rockets ship Lowry to RaptorsJul 5, 2012 - 8:07 PM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The Houston Rockets have reportedly traded guard Kyle Lowry to the Toronto Raptors.
The Houston Chronicle is reporting the deal that will send a future first- round pick and forward Gary Forbes to the Rockets.
Lowry, 26, played in 47 games last season for the Rockets while averaging 14.3 points per game and 4.5 rebounds per game -- both career-highs -- as well as 6.6 assists per contest.
In six NBA seasons with Memphis and the Rockets, the Villanova product has career averages of 10.4 points and 4.8 assists.
"I just want to thank the city of Houston and the fans for showing me love like I was one of y'all own, and I'll always keep that in my heart," Lowry said on his Twitter account.
Forbes averaged 6.6 points and 2.1 rebounds in 48 games for the Raptors last season.
The trade will not become official until July 11.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Raptors hire Ujiri as new general manager May 31
- Raptors revamp front office, strip Colangelo of GM duties May 21
- Thunder advance in win over Rockets May 4
- Rockets' Delfino out for remainder of playoffs May 3
- Thunder aim to polish off Rockets May 3
- Rockets extend series with win in Oklahoma City May 2
- Thunder hope to knock off Rockets May 1
- Rockets stay alive with win over Thunder Apr 30
- Durant, Thunder go for sweep in Houston Apr 29
- Thunder blow huge lead, but Durant's clutch shot sinks Rockets Apr 28
- Rockets' Lin starting Game 3 Apr 27
- Thunder head into battle without Westbrook Apr 27